16 May 2008

New cell phones

Click here to read the full review on the SCH-i760

So we ordered new cell phones today. Let me just say that I love being married to a wonderful wife who appreciates technology like I do. Believe it or not, she was the one to suggest that I work on getting a new phone.

We have Verizon, mainly because both our families use Verizon. I also get a 20% discount through my work, which is always nice. I've generally been content with the don't pay anything free phones that come with the service agreements, but as of late I've been wanting to consolidate my PDA with my phone. Simply carrying around all these electronic devices is no fun. Besides, I have the perfect excuse: my PDA is dying...

This guy knows my pain.

This guy knows my pain



And so I call Verizon to see what kind of deal I can squeeze out of them. You see, every two years I was eligible to get a upgraded phone, but my upgrade date wasn't until June 9, and so I thought I would have to fight tooth and nail to get this to go through tonight. Surprisingly, the guy on the other end (a BYU alumni--Woot!) was extremely helpful to us. He got me the phone I wanted...for $200 less than retail! And then he threw in a case for half off and a nice $120 phone for free for Brittny. That definitely raised Verizon's customer support in my book.

I would rant about all the cool new "specs" and features of my new phone, but I think I will spare you and post it on my upcoming tech blog. Enjoy the pictures instead.

The Samsung SCH-i760

My new baby



Brittny's new phone



Click here to read the full review on the SCH-i760

No comments: