23 August 2008

No More Nomadic Life for Me



The outside of our new place!


This post is covering the crazy weekend we just had! Set up shop and unpack everything, because we are not moving again for a long while! I'm not trying to complain here, and I will say that I am glad to be in a place that I absolutely know I will enjoy and love, but man alive--this weekend was super exhausting! Let me give you a run down on what happened.

Friday morning I wake up and start packing everything we have into some boxes that Brittny got a hold of. That takes the majority of the day. In the meantime, I set up the utilities and I headed over to the new apartment to check everything out and get the keys from our landlord. I think it is a very good idea to get an idea of how you want to organize your furniture and things in the new place before you start moving it. It makes for a much smoother transition, in my opinion.

Then Saturday morning I wake up, go grab a U-Haul truck, and bring it back to the apartment to load things up. Some friends show up at 11:00 am and we load everything up and then have it all unloaded by 2:30 pm that day at our new place. We made really good time! When we were moving all by ourselves the last time around, it took us a full week with multiple trips in our cars to get everything transferred! I am definitely an advocate for U-Hauls and boxes to get everything done all in one go! Then I get a call from the Criddles who needed help moving all their stuff from storage into their apartment. I know how much I hate moving things all by myself, so I was happy to help out, but I was soo sore by the end of the day. And don't even get me started on my Internet woes!

On the plus side, it is wonderful to be in a place that feels like our home. This past summer it was like just being guests in Amber and Cody's place, and while it was a nice place, we like the feeling of permanence and pushing in our roots a little. Our new apartment is also a really nice place. We'll post pictures as soon as we are fully unpacked!

On the last note for this post, I thought the new bed would take some getting used to, but that hasn't been the case. I absolutely love it! It feels really good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

嗨!

好久不見!只是想知道你最近過的好不好?

如果你有空的話,可以寄個信給我嗎?

這是我的信箱cks7013@hotmail.com

也許奇摩的信箱太爛....